Thank you so much for all who helped, we're up to 57% !
What is Muscular Dystrophy?
According to the United States National Library of Medicine (nlm), "Muscular Dystrophy is a group of inherited disorders that cause muscle weakness and loss of muscle tissue, which get worse over time."
Muscular dystrophies, or MD, are a group of inherited conditions. This means they are passed down through families. They may occur in childhood or adulthood.
One type is Duchenne muscular dystrophy, which usually affects young boys.
Duchenne muscular dystrophy occurs in about 1 out of every 3,600 male infants
It worsens much more quickly than other types.
What Does it Do?
- Learning difficulties
- Intellectual disability
- Muscle weakness
- Problems with motor skills (running, hopping, jumping)
- Frequent falls
- Trouble getting up from a lying position or climbing stairs
- Weakness quickly gets worse
- Breathing difficulties and heart disease usually start by age 20
- Progressive difficulty walking
- Ability to walk may be lost by age 12,
- The child will have to use a wheelchair
Low Carb Canada is proud to support Team Jacob
Jacob is the grand-nephew of Brenda, one of our team members at Low Carb Canada.
With your help, we are at 57% of our fundraising goal!
To help Team Jacob reach it's goal, once you are on the sponsor's site:
Please click the "Sponsor Team" button underneath his beautiful photo.
Click the photo below to visit the site! (or click here)